Ok, so my health kicks have not really worked this year and i have not completed a proper one in some some. So, I have a surfing trip booked in the first week of November which gives me 2 months to get in shape.
Started on 1st September and completed week 1.
Week 1 exercise schedule in brief:
- Monday: 1 Hour weights session at home
- Tuesday: 25 minutes cardio set on the treadmill followed by 1 hour hurricane class at H3 gym
- Wednesday: Rest day (Caused by ill pets and birthday meal)
- Thursday: 1 Hour Weights at Home
- Friday: 30 minutes abs class followed by weights class at H3 gym
- Saturday: Cardio 5k Parkrun at forest fields with a jog there and back (a few km)
- Sunday: A stroll round the park on the pitch and putt course then 1 hour weights session followed by 1 hour Hurricane cardio class at H3 gym (it hurt!)
FOOD and Nutrition
Week 1 food schedule in brief:
3 of my most recent protein shakes (See previous post in diet section) per day with a non carb meal in the evening. The evening meal is generally consisting of a leafy salad with a bit of branston pickle and home made dressing (Olive oil, various mustards and hot sauces), meat (Usually one piece) and a few fried eggs. I add 50g of mature cheddar which goes on everything for taste.
Kcal per day:
- Average of 1575 Kcal
- Ranging from 1315 Kcal to 1869 Kcal
The lower range was sticking to the plan and the higher range days added in a number of pieces of meat (meal out and a bbq)
Average food makeup per day:
- Carbs 49g (10g Sugar)
- Fats 88g
- Protein 154g
- 10am shake
- 1pm shake
- 4pm shake
- Meal between 6 and 8pm
Over the 7 days here are my stats:
- Weight: Decreased by 2.6kg
- Upper body fat: Decreased by 0.6%
- Lower body fat: Decreased by 1.2%
Not a bad start but the first week always throws up some good numbers. Week 2 should be more representative.
I am aiming for a kg a week fat loss. With this low carb diet I am feeling very low on energy but I am hoping this will improve as my body gets used to using fat as energy instead of carbs.
I am very happy with the low level of sugar i am consuming. I am not monitoring sodium levels completely but the rough estimates i have looked at put me well under the RDA even with meat, eggs and cheese in my main meal.
I drink at least 2-4L of soda water a day depending on exercise. this does have a higher sodium level than flat water but the amounts are negligible.
All my muscles hurt and i have been shown what little abs i have (my worst and most hated exercise) but i am enjoying the diet of meat, fried eggs and cheese. Lets see how week 2 goes……